What a nice smell!

Ok, so, I am trying to lose weight. My entire life I was thin, until about 5 years ago, when I started to gain. I actually was one of those people who could eat all I wanted and what I wanted and not gain weight. Because of that, I never had to diet (I know, wa wa, poor me, who cares). I did go on a diet last year for the first time and it worked--I lost 20 lbs. in about 4 mos., and guess what? I gained it all back, just like they say happens. Sometimes "they" are SMRT. Well, I am trying it again, and by gum, I hope to NOT gain it back, but it's not like I am Ms. Optimistic about anything, so we'll see.

Anyway, I started counting calories a few days ago (June 5) and my way of doing it is I just have to keep my daily caloric intake around a certain number, so, for instance, I can eat an oz. of potato chips, but that is 150 calories I can't have in some other form. It works out better than a no junk at all diet, because, for me, having one reduced fat Oreo cookie (50 cal.) is better than having no cookie at all.

Which brings me to today's breakfast. Tony wants to know if I can eat pancakes (he is thinking no), but it turns out that I can. So, he made me his signature delicious (dollar size in this case) pancakes. YUMMY. At ~425 calories (includes maple syrup and butter), not a bad deal at all. Here is a lovely picture that sums up my feelings (even though honey on ANYthing is blicky):

PANCAKE

2 Comments:

  1. Holly said...
    Yup, you can eat anything if you count the calories. I know, boooorrrriinnngggg. But it does work.
    500 calories per meal with 100-200 per snack is a good target.
    You get more food when you include fruits & vegetables (I think you figured that out).
    Don't forget your water!
    hmrpita said...
    That is just about what I do, calories-wise. I already eat a lot of vegetables (not eating meat helps for that ;) ) and I am so glad summer is just about upon us, because I love fruit and have already been eating cherries, watermelon, and apricots. I drink 3-4 liters of water a day, so I think I have that covered. :)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Kristen and Lenore: We Made This Blog So You Don't Have To.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without at least sending us a present first.